Saturday, December 5, 2009

Purpose through pain


So I was reading my Bible this (Friday) morning, in Isaiah, and a verse really stuck out to me, it was verse 11 "after the suffering of his soul he will see the light of life and be satisfied". Christ's pain accomplished God's purpose. Without His death there would be no life, no salvation. In the amplified everything is, well... amplified a bit, here; read this:
Isaiah 53:10-11
Yet it was the will of the Lord to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief and made Him sick. When You and He make His life an offering for sin [and He has risen from the dead, in time to come], He shall see His [spiritual] offspring, He shall prolong His days, and the will and pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.

He shall see [the fruit] of the travail of His soul and be satisfied; by His knowledge of Himself [which He possesses and imparts to others] shall My [uncompromisingly] righteous One, My Servant, justify many and make many righteous (upright and in right standing with God), for He shall bear their iniquities and their guilt [with the consequences, says the Lord].

*His life is an offering for sin.
*When we take the life-offering He gave to atone for sin we become his spiritual offspring!
* After the suffering/travail of His soul he will see the light he conquered death and darkness to bring burning within us, this will satisfy him.
*Though his soul suffers the fruit of his travail/light of life will satisfy Him
*by knowledge of himself he will justify, and make many righteous/ in right standing with God.
*He took the consequence for our sins (death) and bore both our iniquities, our sins, and the punishment for them, which was death. He overcame death (the consequence of our wrongdoing) and the wrong (sin) itself. In his death we can find life!

So much to learn, how amazing that I can read the will of God! For this I am exceedingly grateful. God has proven himself faithful and continues to give me revelation and meet me in the place of my need, exactly when I cry out to him in this dry and weary land.

No comments:

Post a Comment