Tuesday, December 1, 2009

He's Enough for me


Today was a day with thoughts rushing through my mind like New York natives all trying to jam into the subway. But the busy-ness of it helped me to enjoy the rest I got even more. Though fast-paced, today was simply lovely, after painting for two hours it was 10, so I boogied on back to my room and pick up my guitar. I practiced a worship song I really enjoy, called "Enough". I adore the chorus:
All of you is more then enough for
All of me for every thirst and every need
you satisfy me with your love
and All I have in you is more then enough
It makes me question myself though- is God completely fulfilling my every thirst and need? Is His love completely satisfying me? Is simply knowing God is by my side enough for me? And if it isn't why not? I refuse to sing a song if I don't agree with the lyrics, so sometimes I have to pause and reflect on the chorus and ask if God really is enough for me. And of course He is, but do I let him fulfill the role in my life of complete satisfier? Or do I search for meaning in other things?
It seems all that I could find meaning in has crumbled- I used to be a stellar student, you know the type, straight A's and shocked if I got a B, but this semester I'm having to accept less than what I'm accustomed to. And maybe it's just because I'm not getting my grades handed to me. I've never had to work extremely hard for them, what if I am not willing to put the time into it that they actually requirI always need to center my priority list around God, and not the other way around. Make sure you do that too, otherwise He'll get pushed out by way less important things.
Sweet Dreams ... (I did have a very sweet dream last night, perhaps I'll write about the role dreams play in my life sometime - but not tonight.)

PS about the picture, it's by Scott Ambler, author of Agile Modeling, explanation of the line: "anything to the left of the line implies that you still have work to do, anything to the right implies that you've done too much work".
He goes on to say that if something is JBGE (just barely good enough) then doing more work on it is clearly a waste: something fulfills its intended purpose then any more investment in it is simply busy work. I agree with parts of this, but disagree in some cases. Anyhow, I thought it kind of went with being good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment