Sunday, December 13, 2009

One night stand


Kind of a different approach to tonight's thought from the Bible- the verses will be at the end, but there's a purpose for the placement. Attempt to figure out what verses I will be referencing- How shall a young person keep their way pure? The answer to that is a great piece of wisdom.

Once upon a time there was a one night stand
for she was lost and he was but a lonely man
despite her knowledge she ignored Love's plan
and in one moment chose a one night stand
one night instead of a whole life glorious
she chose to wield her power like a wand
waving her magic they,to each other, respond
that night she did not live a life victorious
if only she had memorized more, a bit more early
but she'd turned from gates luminescent and pearly
but one more verse she had neglected to memorize
no, instead she leaned back, closed her eyes
and decided to try sin on for size
then it was hard, though she tries
saying goodbye was no easier than anticipated
in thoughts sworn to secrecy they'd both participated
it was that door for which an enemy had waited
only hours later tears beg entrance, herself berated
constantly consumed, consistently to chide
so her own heart she's chosen to hide
at least for a while
suppress that silly smile
because that got you into trouble in the first place
and now that you've found out, you've lost the race
proverbial marathon ran for righteousness
seems to have been lost, or soon since
it was my own wickedness, my evil desire
enticing me away to seductive quagmire
at first it seemed all right -I was swept off my feet
till I saw I am being dragged away with your heartbeat
and so I was tempted then
for each one is tempted when
my own evil desire
decided it must sire
or shall I say contrived and connived to conceive
another sin's birth, with a gift in store to receive
my own child's birthday, with its moment of fruition
today death must be birthed, by Truth's definition

James 1: 14-15
14but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. 15Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment