Saturday, December 19, 2009

In desperate need!

IF I [can] speak in the tongues of men and [even] of angels, but have not love (that reasoning, intentional, spiritual devotion such as is inspired by God's love for and in us), I am only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

Love is not just blind - it is reasoning. it doesn't just happen - it is an intentional choice. Our love is not God's love but it is inspired by his love. Love requires being spiritually devoted to each other as brothers and sisters in Christ. It is God's love for us, and that love only that can bring about and inspire any love in our pathetic beings. His love resides within us. How wonderful. Without God's love in me I am nothing, I can make no melodious music at all. I don't want to be a clanging cymbal - I need Christ completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment