Sunday, December 13, 2009

the half-hearted house


I'm reading Mark, this passage really stuck out to me. Probably because it applies perfectly...

Mark 3
24If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.27In fact, no one can enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he can rob his house.

Lately I've kind of been like a house, and no I'm not adding windows or Persian rugs to myself, what I mean is that I have been a Mark 3:25 house. I cannot possibly hope to stand the test of temptation and trial if I am divided within. How can I hope to ward off what is without when what's within tears me apart? Jesus gives the frank answer I needed to hear- "that house cannot stand". As long as I am divided I can never stand for Jesus. I am sick of being divided, I want to be completely Jesus' bride. I don't want contradictions and latent battles waiting inside. Lying around to jump me and make it even harder to stand. I cannot let anything tie me up - not men, or money, or school, or food, or music. If I let those things become wrapped around me it will be quite easy for me to be robbed. I don't want to miss out on what God has simply because I've become so tied up with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment