Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Words your Lips Give

Proverbs 12 has a lot to say about the lips, and words.

"An evil man is trapped by his sinful talk, but a righteous man escapes trouble."

"From the fruit of his lips a man is filled with good things as surely as the work of his hands rewards him."

"Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."

"Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment."

There's more, not sure how I overlooked this theme before, I guess sometimes it's easy to get absorbed in each individual verse and not see the bigger picture.
I want to be filled with good things, to bring healing, to have my words endure forever- I do not want to be trapped by what I say or pierce the hearts of others like a sword, or have what I say last but a moment. I want to use my breath to speak the truth God has shown me. I'm going to intentionally work on saying kind, healing words today.

2 comments:

  1. Not just today though!! :) We have to strive to say kind, healing words everyday!!
    You should read/write about 1 Cor. 13...

    ReplyDelete