Friday, January 29, 2010

Facedown

I finished Ezekiel today- it got a tad hard to focus on in some of the parts, like how many cubits everything is. I wish it wasn't so foreign to me- it would be easier to appreciate if I knew why the altar needed "a rim of one span around the edge" or why a special gift of "a sixth of an ephah from each homer of wheat" should be offered. But I don't, nor do I know anyone who does, too bad really. Something that stuck out to me often enough in reading Ezekiel is his reaction to God's glory.

Ezekiel 43
Suddenly, the glory of the God of Israel appeared from the east. The sound of his coming was like the roar of rushing waters, and the whole landscape shone with his glory... and I fell facedown.

Falling facedown wasn't this super spiritual, once in a purple moon experience- it happened when the glory of God was present. So why am I not on my face more often? Do I not care enough about God to seek Him constantly, to witness his glory? Or has this generation just forgotten what reverent fear of the Lord is like?

"And I'll fall facedown as your glory shines around..." - Facedown by Matt Redman

No comments:

Post a Comment