Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hidden Secrets on Display

I was reading my bible today, I read a first that kind of goes along with things I've been thinking about. Here's the verse;

Luke 8:17
"For all that is secret will eventually be brought into the open, and everything that is concealed will be brought to light and made known to all."

"We can try to hide things from others, from ourselves, and from God. How tempting to shut our eyes from the consequences of our sinful ways and bad habits, even when we know what those consequences are. And how tempting to hide them form others and even from God. But, nonetheless, everything is known to God who sees all."


When I was little I read this verse, and I was so scared. I thought about all the awful things I did and all the mean thoughts that had occupied my mind at one time or another. I remember thinking that I could only hope that everyone else would be preoccupied with their own secrets being revealed. Over the years my views have changed, and now, reading this verse causes me steer away from making secrets. For every bad thing I do and hide I know I will be held accountable. Someday all of our dark secrets will be brought to light and be made know to all. I for one am going to try my best to not create those dark and dirty secrets, and when I do I'll strive for honesty. I want to aim to live a life free from moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent everywhere I look.

No comments:

Post a Comment