Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mortal Folly

It all started with that hastily written offer: "Transform what you will, only show me what I must cut away and change."

God... I'm afraid...

Why do you fear when you know perfect love casts out fear? I am perfect, I am love; I love perfectly. Would I ask you to do something for which I will not provide? Why do you doubt my love; why can't you trust me with your worries? I said I will give you every good thing- trust me in this Alyssa. Will you follow fear or faith? You cannot serve both.

It is foolishness - there is no money for this...

Does not your lack of wisdom give room to further illuminate mine? Where my will is, so is my way - follow me.

"In your presence all fear is gone; I am my beloveds and He is mine, I waste my life here at your feet"

Why sing the words if I'm not willing to let their truths transform me?

No comments:

Post a Comment