Saturday, October 2, 2010

He Carries Me . ? !

I made a decision - today, God will be first. I cannot promise that I have placed him first in my heart yesterday, or will hold him in that lofty place tomorrow- but today I am and will. I'll be exploring what this means for a while I believe.

Looking for a specific Psalm someone mentioned the other day I ran across Psalm 68, loops of blue pen encircled verse 13 (NIV version) but now that I'm rereading it I really like verse 19 too- the whole Psalm is quite poetic...

May those who hate God melt like wax in a fire
Let the godly be glad in God's presence
He places the lonely in families and sets captives free
The very earth trembles before him
At his command abundant rains come to refresh
He provides the needy with a bountiful harvest

Praise the Lord; praise God our savior! For each day he carries us in his arms.

My God, our God, is a God who cares. He really, truly cares about those who are in bondage, alone, hungry, and hurting - it is those who hate him, not the weak and impoverished, who will come to ruin at the end of tha day.

Who is this God who loves me enough to carry me in His arms? He is strong and he is gentle, he inspires fear in the fearless and comforts the inconsolable. You might already know this- but that's why I don't write for you - I write because God is showing me old things in new ways and tenderly opening my heart to him again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment